Saturday, January 10, 2015

Books I'm Reading This Month

So my New Years resolution this year was to start blogging! Not that I've ever really made a New Years resolution before, but I figure if it's something I actually want to do I'll have a reason to do it. I read books all the time and I go to Comic Cons all the time! I listed 7 books I am going to read this month, so as I read them I'll post my review for them. I'll probably read more than 7 I just figured this would be a good start.



Books 

1. Midnight Crossroads (Charlaine Harris)
I really loved the Sookie Stackhouse novels and so I figured I'd give the first book in her new series a try. I don't expect it's going to be much like the Sookie Stackhouse novels but… that's ok!

2. The Jewel (Amy Ewing)
So, I've heard mixed things about this book but the overview of the book sounds really good. For those who don't know, it's about this girl who is purchased at a surrogacy auction. She is supposed to be a surrogate for a royal family because of some genetic factor that makes her and other girls sold at this auction beneficial to royal families.

3. The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend (Kody Keplinger)
This is coming out in movie theaters and I totally love Robbie Amell as Firestorm in The Flash on The CW, but this does actually sound like a funny book!

4. The Coldest Girl In Coldtown (Holly Black)
I had this book recommended to me by a friend and I'm always down for a good vampire novel. It's about how people know there are vampires but they live in these isolated towns called "Coldtowns".

5. The Darkest Part Of The Forest (Holly Black)
I have to wait until this comes out, but I hear she's a very good author so I'm excited to read this!

6. Endgame (James Frey, Nils Johnson-Shelton)
I'm not so sure I'll like this one but I really liked The Maze Runner Series and it sounds a little along the lines of that so we'll see.

7. Zodiac (Romina Russel)
I received this as an advanced readers copy at New York Comic Con and have yet to read it, now would probably be as good of time as any since it just came out not too long ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment