Thursday, February 19, 2015

Red Queen

 So... the whole plot of this story is this girl Mare Barrow who is a red (poor worker) somehow has these abilities but doesn't have silver (essentially royal) blood. I thought the book was good!! I loved the powers that the silvers possess, I thought they were so unique and different. I LOVED the main character, people were comparing her to Katniss but I think she is sassier. Also, it's a lot different because nobody in the Hunger Games has magic powers. I also really liked how she came to find out she has the abilities. It was one of if not my favorite part of the whole book. 

My only complaint through the whole book was the love … rectangle? I thought she sort of liked 3 guys at one time without really LIKING any of them she was just indifferent about all of them I guess. That was the only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars.



 I feel like it was very hyped. You know what I mean? Everyone was talking about it who had ARCs of it, saying there was this huge plot twist, saying there was betrayal. So, the entire book I was thinking of every single circumstance where someone can betray someone else and what the plot twist could be at the end. With that being said - I called it. If I didn't hear from everyone else "OMG YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENS", I probably never would have guessed what happened at the end. But - I still give the book 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment