Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Book Review: Two Minutes (Seven Series #6)

Two Minutes (Seven Series #6) by Dannika Dark
Publication Date: August 18, 2015

After years of living abroad, Maizy returns home to the only family she’s ever known—a pack of wolves. When she confronts her childhood watchdog to see where they stand, his resentment leaves her uncertain about where she really belongs.

Behind Denver’s charming smile is a tragic past—one that’s made his wolf savage and unpredictable. Only Maizy has been able to tame that darkness, and when they’re reunited after many years apart, he no longer sees a child he once protected. She’s captivating and intelligent—a woman with the world at her fingertips and two suitors offering more than he ever could.

Torn between two worlds, Maizy must choose how her fairy tale ends. Tragedy, murder, passion, and imprisonment all collide with a heart-stopping twist.


                                 description

DROP EVERYTHING AND READ THIS NOW!!! IT'S DENNY AND MAIZY'S STORY PEOPLE!!!

                                                 description

I can't even begin to tell you how much I was looking forward to this book (if you couldn't tell by the all caps and exclamation points). And let me tell you, it was everything I could have asked for and more. This series gets better and better with every book. Dannika Dark knows exactly how to tug at my heartstrings, and make me fall in love even more with every single character she writes. Her writing is phenomenal and every sentence is a thing of beauty. She sweeps you away into the Shifter world, and every time you pick up a novel in her series', it feels like coming home. You want to stay in the world she has created and never leave.

“Every person you meet in your life is your destiny. 
We alter the course of every life we touch, whether we realize it or not.”

Obviously, this is Maizy and Denver's story. However, a third party is also involved, and gets in the way of their budding relationship. I'm not going to spoil anything, but it is a character we have encountered previously in the story, and has been a person Maizy interacted with in the past. Maizy has returned home, all grown up (she's 23...time sure does fly in the book world doesn't it?), and is feeling like an outsider with the Weston pack. She doesn't quite know where she fits anymore as she doesn't particularly feel at home in either the Shifter world or the human world. I loved her as the main lead. She had me cracking up with her fiery spirit and I loved how she handled herself in the many challenging situations she was faced with. Denver is lovable as ever and is his usual wise-cracking self. He left me laughing so hard, and I loved reading from his POV. It gave us an insight into his character that we never saw before. There is much more to the goofy, watchdog then we know, and I loved seeing that vulnerability he had toward Maizy.

“Loving you is what I do best.”

What can I say, Dannika Dark knows how to write a good romance, and this one sweeps you off your feet. This has been a long time coming for readers and Denver and Maizy alike. There is just enough action to add another interesting element to the story, and it is perfectly balanced with the romance. There was also the twist of Maizy's secret, which will make many readers happy. All of our favorite characters are back and are amazing as ever. Six book in and Dannika Dark has not let me down. She continuously delivers hit after hit, and I wish there wasn't just one more book in this series. I know that the finale will be epic and I can't wait to devour that book in one sitting too! I'll just be waiting here...very, very patiently until it's released.


Happy reading :) 

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment