Friday, September 11, 2015

Loot Crate Unboxing!

I've been thinking about it for a long time but this is the first month that I went ahead and did it! That's right, I subscribed to Loot Crate! Past Loot Crates had really amazing things in it from Harry Potter luggage tags, to Ready Player One, and even Game of Thrones USB drives! Really, it's just a great subscription box for nerds - comic book, bookish, and gamers alike! Not wanting to miss out on one more month, I just went ahead an subscribed to it.

Why do I like Loot Crate better than other subscription boxes? Mostly it's because you can almost guarantee that you won't already have what's coming in your Loot Crate. Bookish subscription boxes are always so disappointing because I usually always have the book already and they are much more expensive than the book themselves! Sure they have a few other things in them, but is it really worth paying that much for a book you already have and a few extra trinkets? Loot Crate on the other hand is full of exclusive items sometimes FUNKOS! One time they had a Joki shirt - that's right a mashup between The Joker and Loki. What is cooler than that? So without further ado, here is my first Loot Crate Unboxing from the August Villains 2 box!



So as you can see, your Loot Crate will come in a compact little box like this and you will probably wonder, how much can they fit in a box the size of a shoe box? 


Well it turns out, a lot! And the box so perfectly fits everything that comes in. 


First up is this awesome exclusive Marvel Carnage Mug! The only crappy thing about this is that it's NOT dishwasher or microwave *le sigh*. All of the good mugs aren't. So I'm thinking maybe I'll let it hold some bookmarks or something. Also it came in an awesome Marvel storage box, too.


I think this is my favorite thing that came in this Loot Crate. It's a painted wooden Joker figure! There are two heads - I don't really know why you'd need two? I already dropped both of the heads like 4 times. BUT, this is already on my bookshelf - and it looks great! it's so nice and is great quality!


Well, I'm not a huge fan of The Avengers at all really, but this Hydra pin is a nice collectible to have. Maybe I will be able to trade it for a collectible I actually do want, lol. 


So this apparently must mean something to Breaking Bad fans - since it means nothing to me. I've never watched Breaking Bad so I'm in the dark with this one. Maybe one day since I have this little apron now? lol

All in all I thought this was a pretty decent box. There were other boxes I liked better in past Loot Crates, but it is definitely worth the $19 (that's including shipping).  The September theme is Summon and they announced an exclusive Supernatural item - oh man! I don't watch that show but I know a lot of Supernatural fangirls out there. I definitely recommend getting a Loot Crate! 

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Once I get money I'm definitely signing up for this one!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I need this. I love Marvel swag. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do a review on Fandora's Box??? www.fandorasbox.com Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you do a review on Fandora's Box??? www.fandorasbox.com Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete