Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #69

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Jocelyn's Waiting On: 

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon 
Publication Date: November 1st, 2016 


Synopsis: 

Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?

Everything, Everything was such a cute short read so I can't wait to see what Nicola has crafted in The Sun is Also a Star. This one seems a tad bit longer so I hope that just means even more plot and romance for us! 


Cassie's Waiting On: 

Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Publication Date: November 8, 2016

Synopsis:


HeartlessLong before she was the terror of Wonderland — the infamous Queen of Hearts — she was just a girl who wanted to fall in love.

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favorite of the yet-unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend and supply the Kingdom of Hearts with delectable pastries and confections. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next Queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the king's marriage proposal, she meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship.

Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.
 


I'm a huge fan of anything dealing with Alice and Wonderland so it's exciting to be able to read a different take on the backstory of the Queen of Hearts.  I'm really excited to check out this new read from Marissa Meyer as I've heard great things about her other novels!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice picks! Seeing a lot of the first one and I loved Heartless! Hope you both enjoy your picks once you read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read any of Yoon's books, but I adore the covers! I have her first one, and honestly I am holding on to it because of the cover. ;) I loved Heartless! It was incredible. I hope you two enjoy these books when you get a chance to read them!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete