Thursday, June 1, 2017

Book Review: The Lost Codex (The Collectors' Society #4)

The Lost Codex (The Collectors' Society, #4)About the Book:
Title: The Lost Codex (The Collectors' Society #4)
Author: Heather Lyons
Publisher: Cerulean Books
Pub. Date: Nov. 7, 2016
Pages: 411
Rating: 5/5 stars

Synopsis:

Allies, once inseparable, splinter until they break apart.
An insidiousness carves its way through Wonderland, challenging the land’s very existence.
Battle lines will be drawn as pages, long languishing in darkness, are finally illuminated.
Swords will clash, blood will be spilled, and lives will be lost.
For what is written can still be erased.


Review:

description

I don't even know where to begin with this review because words are failing me. This book was perfect in so many ways that it's hard to tell you just how amazing Heather Lyons' story is. There are plenty of reasons why you should read this book (and this series in general), but the main reason is because Heather Lyons takes you on an adventure that you will never forget! I had very high expectations going into this book and I honestly wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters that have become ingrained in me. This world and this series means so much to me because it is so unlike any other story out there currently and it blows my mind that it's not topping the bestseller's lists! Everything about this novel was perfect, and Heather Lyons delivered an epic conclusion to an already epic series.

“The beauty of free will is that we can choose whether or not to do what we wish.” 

I was incredibly nervous to start reading this novel because I knew that there were going to be some heartbreaking moments given the ending of the previous story. However, as soon as I started reading, I settled right in and couldn't stop. There is something about Heather's writing that is utterly addicting and I simply couldn't put the book down. There are plenty of twists and turns that I never saw coming, but all of our questions are answered...including who the Librarian is. Seriously, this was my face:

description

I never would have guessed her identity and I'm glad I didn't because it made the reveal that much more shocking. The book is fast-paced and a non-stop adventure. I was easily swept away from the moment I started the first chapter, and I never stopped being in awe at the wonderfully imaginative world Heather created and built on in this novel. Just when I thought we couldn't learn anything else, Heather would throw some new tidbit in and I wanted to learn more. 

“I believe in the impossible. I live the impossible.” 

The characters are the true shining point of this story. Alice holds a special place in my heart and truly shines in this novel. She gives up everything (and I do mean everything) to fight against the villains trying to destroy the literary world. The characters are not your normal re-tellings of the characters you once knew. They are different and human and that is what makes this story so fantastic. Heather gives us these characters that we already know and love, and makes us fall even more in love with them because of their relatability, selflessness, and compassion. The character development was amazing and some of the best I have ever read, including the secondary characters. The one thing that I always appreciated about this series is that Heather never lets anyone fade into the background. Everyone has a specific role to play. And that shines through in this finale. AD (even though the little bugger gets on my nerves sometimes) is fleshed out even more and you can't help but love him for the person he has now become. 

description

I don't want to go into the plot too much because it would be so easy to spoil something...and that's the last thing I want to do with this beautiful book. The ending was both heartbreaking and heartmending at the same time (you wouldn't think it's possible, but anything is possible with Heather). I was left in shock and then Heather knew just what to do to fix it. You definitely need to check this book out if you're a fan of this series. If you haven't started it yet, what are you waiting for?? Go get these books now! Please don't miss out on an incredible story that will stay with you forever. It was a bittersweet goodbye to the characters of the Collectors' Society but I will be seeing them time and time again when I re-read the series. 

description


Happy reading :)

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment