Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Book Review: Apprehension (Incandescent #2)

Apprehension by Sylvie ParizeauAbout the Book:
Title: Apprehension (Incandescent #2)
Author: Syvlie Parizeau
Publisher: By the Book
Publication Date: November 22, 2016

Pages: 320
Rating: 3.5/5 stars


Synopsis:

ZAC Di FIORI’s life is about to turn one-eighty degrees North.

I lived my life one thrill at a time, never setting down roots, never believing I’d ever find a place to call Home.

Then I met Magali.

The moment those silver eyes blaze right through me, I’m a goner.

The way she sees past my defenses, her passion for helping others, the gentle touch she has with children … Everything about her tells me I’ve finally done the impossible. I’ve found my forever.
But after an entire lifetime of being alone, orphaned under suspicious circumstances and shipped off to boarding school by a pathetic excuse for family, forever seems too good to be true. And I know all too well how quickly it can be taken away.

But Magali has a way of drawing me out of the past, and looking toward a future filled with family.
Turns out finding Home isn’t so impossible after all … All I have to do is believe in it.

Review:

Apprehension is the second book in the Incandescent series, and while I didn't enjoy it as much as the first novel, I still enjoyed the story a great deal! While each book is meant to be a standalone, I highly recommend checking out the first in the series as it truly is an amazing novel. Plus, all of the characters that are featured in this novel are featured in the first as well which adds a little something extra for those that are fans. I loved reading about another set of characters with Liam and Eolie still being so present in the story. Those two stole my heart in the first book, so I was greatly looking forward to another set of characters doing the same. Sylvie Parizeau's writing is phenomenal and truly sweeps you away to the picturesque Canadian setting. This is one of my favorite parts of these books because the setting comes alive and is its own entity in the story. 

The book follows Zac and Magali. Zac, who was featured in the first novel, is one of the GGS squad and Liam's friends. This is all about his journey of self-discovery as well as the discovery of true love and his own happy-ever-after. I loved both Zac and Magali so much...they're adorable together and I loved how both characters built the other up when they needed each other the most. They were a constant support system for each other and I loved every single second of their relationship. On top of all of this, they had a great banter which added to the book. 

However, the reason I didn't like this novel as much as the previous book is because of how quickly they got together. It was very much insta-love and this was extremely different than what I have come to know about the series. I know this series is all about "love at first sight" and all that jazz but this was just too fast for me. Honestly, it was difficult for me to fully get behind their relationship even though I loved them together purely because of how fast they got together. I felt that even by the end, they still didn't know each other in the way that Liam and Eolie knew each other by the end of the first book. And because of this, I had to lower my rating.

That was my only complaint though. Everything else about this book is spectacular and I loved seeing the other characters featured so prominently. The entire novel is a journey to finding your soulmate and it was beautifully done. The story is heartwarming and leaves you satisfied in the end. I definitely recommend this to all fans of the Sylvie Parizeau as well as all romance fans. This one is not to be missed!

Happy reading :)

~Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment